10. It is the most natural sport. Humans have been running, jumping, and throwing for 1000s of years- dating back to ancient times.
9. You'll never know what you can accomplish until you give it a try!
8. You can see yourself improve as the season goes on. Every event is quantifiable and your performance is measured every time you compete.
7. Meets are fun, high-energy experiences and can involve traveling all over Ontario or Canada with your team. Road trips and nights spent with teammates in hotels are where memories are made.
6. It is both a team sport and an individual sport. You will push yourself to your limits and discover what you are truly capable of.
5. There are no cuts and no time spent "on the bench." Every athlete is able to train hard and compete hard.
4. There are great post-secondary opportunities in Canada and in the United States for track athletes. It is far easier to get a scholarship in track than for many other sports.
3. You learn valuable life-long skills such as teamwork, discipline, perseverance, and commitment that will set you up for success later in life.
2. You are part of a diverse family and well over a million school-aged athletes in North America who participate in track & field. And you will meet lots of people and make friends that you never would have met if not for track...
1. It is universal to all athletics. Track is great off-season training or a great way to supplement any other sport you participate in. When you get faster, stronger, and more powerful you improve your performance on the football field or the basketball court as well.
And... IT'S FUN!